Search for Your Local Store
Visit the Find a Store page to view the hours, driving directions and special services offered by each store.
Your postal code is not close to any Source stores. Please try again.
Note: Store selection is required to view specials and complete orders.
Distribution Centre Manager - BRAMPTON
Source Office Furnishings is Canada's largest office furniture supplier with nationwide coverage. Our rapidly-growing distribution centre in Brampton needs an experienced leader to organise the 70,000+ square foot facility and ensure its efficient operation.
As the Distribution Centre Manager , you will be responsible for overseeing the shipping and receiving of a high volume of merchandise, as well as the delivery and installation of a wide range of office furniture products. You will reach your objectives by managing a team of ~15 individuals, a growing fleet of Reach trucks, order pickers, and 5 ton trucks.
A. Inventory Management
* Take an active role in all aspects of shipping and receiving (freight, returns, restock and transfers)
* Manage accurate and timely delivery to customers, transfers between warehouses and loading of customer orders
* Supervise the logistics of inbound and outbound container and shipment movements
* Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconcile with the data storage system
* Responsible for quality assurance of all shipped and stored products (ie. condition of the product, accuracy of the order, etc.)
* Communicate and proactively manage any inventory or order issues with Store Manager(s) and any other involved parties
* Liaise with internal administrator on inventory movements while providing for LIFO/FIFO movement of product
B. Team management
* Lead and motivate a team of approximately 15 people that includes warehouse material handlers, delivery drivers and installers and delegate tasks accordingly
* Train and empower staff to meet and exceed productivity targets
* Ensure the safe movement of product by warehouse personnel and the safe operation of equipment
* Take an active role in the recruitment of new team members, as well as managing and correcting performance and behavioural issues
C. Health and Safety
* Adhere to and educate staff on applicable provincial workplace safety legislation and company policy/procedures; provide appropriate training to maximize safety of staff
* Maintain physical condition of warehouse, vehicles and equipment; conduct inspections of equipment and arrange for timely repairs or replacements, as needed
* Ensure certification for machine operation and First Aid attendants is always up-to-date
* Able to communicate professionally and effectively (verbal and written)
* Ability to motivate a team, delegate work and explain ideas clearly
* Able to built credibility and earn respect through leading by example
* Capable of autonomously managing high volumes under the stress of tight deadlines
* Demonstrated excellence in customer service
Education & Qualifications
* High school diploma a must at minimum
* 5 years of experience managing warehouse staff, including training and developing, preferably in a busy distribution centre (industry-specific experience a definite asset)
* Must be able to consistently lift 75+ lbs.
* Certified to operate a Raymond Reach and order picker (forklift)
* Minimum G-class driver's licence
* First Aid and WHMIS certifications an asset
If you have the skills and experience listed above and want to join a fast-growing team in a great company, submit your resume and cover letter today!