Source Office Furnishings is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Accounting Support
at our Head Office location in Kelowna, BC. This is a temporary, full-time position, Monday through Friday, June 2019-December 2019. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
For over 30 years, Source Office Furnishings has been offering the best value in high quality office furniture to both corporate and individual customers. We are Canada’s largest office furniture dealer with stores and related distribution services across Canada, and through our commitment to equal opportunity employment, we maintain a diverse and welcoming work environment. Our trained, dedicated, and knowledgeable salespeople are unique in their exclusive focus on office furniture.
The Accounting Support person is responsible for assisting the accounting department to complete their monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives.
- Fun and positive work environment
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Competitive wage; shared benefit plan after a successful 3-month probationary period
- Process daily cash out for the Kelowna store, as well as posting daily cash out information for other locations
- Intercompany billing
- Tracking and reporting of various expenses
- Accounting support – assist with month-end processing
- Assist in customer credit approval process
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving skills and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Previous experience working in accounting department an asset
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Passion and desire to learn and grow